Users can create their own custom signal types (Protocol Analyzers, Decoders, or Formatters), using our free Plug-in Developers' Kit (PDK.)
Plug-ins are fully integrated into the DigiView application.
- All searches, measurements, configuration editors, snaps, scrolls, lists, waveform views, plotting, auto-searches, exporting, printing, etc work in exactly the same way as built-in signals.
- All displays and configuration options use the user-defined signal, channel-select, and field names.
- In fact, the internal signals use the same framework as the plug-ins, ensuring equal functionality.
- All of this functionality is inherited, requiring NO user code.
Simple to Implement
Plug-ins can be very easy to create. They basically have to provide 3 things:
- A routine to return a list of the configuration items to be shown in the signal editor.
- A routine the framework can call to update the current signal configuration settings.
- A routine that accepts a stream of data-change events and generates a stream of formatting records.
The PDK download includes a simple, but functional plug-in written in 24 lines of code.